Are you naturally curious? So are we at MKS. Our collective curiosity drives us to be an innovation leader in many industries. Our products drive technology advancements across a wide range of applications such as 5G, augmented/virtual reality, autonomous vehicles, clean drinking water and space exploration. We are a team of collaborators who value fresh thinking and believe in mutual respect, constructive candor, diversity and inclusion. As a valued and trusted partner to our customers, we are continually pushing the boundaries of possibility. We believe in creating technology that transforms our world and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team. If this is appealing to you, we want to meet you.
Newport is a leader in photonics and is growing rapidly with the development and fabrication of high precision optics and opto-mechanical components. We provide solutions including precision motion control, optical tables and vibration isolation systems, photonic instruments, optical and opto-mechanical components.
We are in need of a Project Engineering Manager who will lead the management and execution of cross-functional projects through the product development process, including developing project goals that support the business unit objectives and developing and executing strategies and plans to meet the goals.
- Execute timely communications to keep customers well informed on project activities, including schedules, status and deliverables
- Work with engineering, operations, quality, supply chain and all other departments necessary to successfully develop products for targeted markets
- Manage projects of high complexity from product definition to production, as well as multiple projects simultaneously including managing the level of business risk associated with the product life cycle
- Lead development teams, establish schedules and facilitate cross-functional meetings
- Facilitate meetings and maintain master schedules
- Manage risks and issues through problem avoidance, contingency plans and proper escalation
What you will bring to the team is:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- 4+ years related experience in the project management of technical projects, ideally in the development of lasers or optomechanical products
- Includes: project management skills; planning and execution, communication, presentation skills, leadership, risk analysis and mitigation
It’s also nice if you have:
- Optics experience preferred
- Ability to work cross-functionally and utilize motivational skills
- A self-starter approach and ability to balance multiple projects
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and solid decision-making techniques
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as necessary to support business goals
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Project tool
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.